In my opinion the “final financial shot’ which leads to live financial fire (collapse) will be in either the gold or silver pits of the COMEX or, ultimately, both. Why? Because, at $20 per silver ounce, it would take only $1.2 billion to crack that market open like a watermelon; because, for a pittance of money in today’s world, “trust” in the entire financial system of the West can be shattered. Some will say “big deal” or “who cares?” but it is a big deal and YOU should care!
The above introductory comments are edited excerpts from an article* by Bill Holter (blog.milesfranklin.com) entitled Don’t be surprised if silver is the target.
The following article is presented courtesy of Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) and has been edited, abridged and/or reformatted (some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Holter goes on to say in further edited excerpts:
Yes, for just $1.2 billion “trust” in the entire financial system of the West can be shattered! The entire financial and banking systems of the West are based on “trust” alone. There is “trust” required in everything because the money itself is fiat which means it is not real or “backed” by anything. This is where the phrase “backed by the full faith and credit” comes from.
…The entire inventory of silver amounts to 175 million ounces in the silver market with a value, at today’s market price of approx. $20/ozt, of $3.5 billion.
- $3.5 billion is roughly equal to the amount of QE that we were printing EACH DAY at the beginning of the year.
- $3.5 billion is also roughly equal to the amount of fiscal deficit we run EACH DAY,
- $3.5 billion is only about 2 days worth of U.S. trade deficit,
- $3.5 billion is only 2+ days worth of interest that we pay on our debt,
- $3.5 billion is a figure that maybe 1,000 individuals worldwide could come up with.
My point is this, in today’s world, “$3.5 billion” is almost nothing.
Silver is the Achilles heel of the entire financial system
A small market like silver is the Achilles heel of the entire financial system because:
- If silver futures suddenly and collectively stood for delivery in one month, the inventory does not exist to deliver. For example, Sept. has 84,000 contracts outstanding which represents 421 million ounces of silver which could not be settled upon with a total inventory of 175 million ounces (of which 115 million are NOT registered as deliverable).
What would happen if enough contracts stood for delivery and then refused to accept settlement in cash?
- This would result in a “default” but that is not the real problem.
- The real problem is the fact that it would then also spread into the gold market.
Word would spread quickly and the “rush” would be on everywhere in “contracts” to get metal delivered, people would also rush to have metal delivered from unallocated accounts. In short, the lie would be exposed and actual holders of real metal would withhold their product and not accept fiat for their physical holdings. In essence, we would live in real time with a worldwide “run on the bank”.
As for the “nuts and bolts” part, this is easy. We know that China is none too happy with the U.S. and are now partnered financially, economically and militarily with Russia.
- Could it be that the near record open interest in COMEX silver is of Chinese origin through proxies?
- Has the BRICS bank been created because they know the Western banking system is on life support and THEY will be the ones pulling the plug? Personally, I think this is the case. The Chinese/Russian co op has the motive, the ability and the means to do this.
New BRICS Bank To Give IMF & World Bank Much Needed Competition
I also believe the BRICS nations have the “desire” as we have given them reason for so many years by abusing our “privilege” of issuing the reserve currency. The BRICS have been preparing for “something” now for several years. Don’t be surprised if it turns out that silver is the “target” because it is the easiest target.
The silver market is the smallest and probably the “most abused” market in the world. I believe it to be the most likely scenario in a financial attack which is now obviously (to me) just a matter of time…
Editor’s Note: The author’s views and conclusions in the above article are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original post. Furthermore, the views, conclusions and any recommendations offered in this article are not to be construed as an endorsement of such by the editor.
*http://blog.milesfranklin.com/dont-be-surprised-if-silver-is-the-target (Copyright © 2014)
1. Silver’s Neon “Sale!” Sign Is Flashing Like A Disco Ball! Here Are 7 Reasons Why
Eventually, all markets correct excesses. The global economy is near a tipping point, and we must prepare our portfolios now, ahead of that chaos, for a big payday which means owning a meaningful amount of physical silver in addition to gold. Let me offer 7 reasons why that is the case. Words: 1588 Read More »
2. The Case For $5,000 Silver – Yes, $5,000 Silver
If the price of silver were based directly on the real physical silver market, silver’s price should be at $5,000 an ounce. I’m not saying the price of silver will reach $5,000 an ounce; I’m just saying that the actual PHYSICAL silver spot price is not only extremely undervalued, but that it is an illusion compared to the real value of an ounce of physical silver, since it is totally disconnected from reality. [Let me explain further.] Read More »
3. 4 Unique Characteristics Should Propel Silver Skyward
With the likes of Ray Dalio and billionaire George Soros placing big bets on a recovery in precious metals now is likely the time for investors to take the plunge. The key question remains, however, which precious metal? My preference is silver. Here’s why. Read More »
4. Authors Of “The Money Bubble” Foresee $10-12,000 Gold & $500 Silver – Here’s Why
James Turk and John Rubino are well known figures in the gold industry and they’ve just published a new book, ‘The Money Bubble’ in which they argue that the price of gold is about to soar to $10-12,000/ozt. – and silver to $500/ozt. Here’s why. Read More »
5. Silver Presents A “Golden” Investment Opportunity – Here’s Why
Silver has a reputation for being gold’s less desirable sister, but make no mistake, silver may still be a golden opportunity to invest in. Silver’s use is already very prevalent in the photography, consumer electronics, medical, and high tech industries and a major consumer of silver in the future will be the green technology sector in products such as solar cells and batteries. Read More »
6. Buy Silver Instead of Gold! Here’s Why
People who have trusted the paper market first go to gold when they have their awakening because it is the largest precious metals market in the world but the more I learned about silver, however, the more I realized that silver was the smart decision. Here a a few reasons why that is the case. Read More »
7. Move Up In Silver To Be Sharper, Greater & Faster Than Gold – Here’s Why
Analysts and investors seem to be very bearish towards silver, but we think that the fundamentals of silver are now becoming extremely attractive in terms of contrarian opportunities. Volatility and risk are not always commensurate, and we believe that silver offers investors fundamentals that can be much stronger than expected and returns that would be magnified by the small size of the silver market (and the bearish positioning by participants). Contrarian investors would be wise to take note. Read More »
8. Silver Likely to Rally Even Farther & Faster Than Gold In Coming Months – Here’s Why
It is a reasonable bet that gold, about 40% below its 2011 high and facing large demand and dwindling supply, will rally in price over the next few years. Silver prices will follow gold prices but rally farther and faster from their currently low and oversold condition. Read More »
9. Gold:Silver Ratio Suggests Much Higher Future Price for Silver – MUCH Higher!
The majority of analysts maintain that gold will reach a parabolic peak price somewhere in excess of $5,000 per troy ounce in the next few years. Given the fact that the historical movement of silver is 90 – 95% correlated with that of gold suggests that a much higher price for silver can also be anticipated. Couple that with the fact that silver is currently greatly undervalued relative to its average long-term historical relationship with gold and it is realistic to expect that silver will eventually escalate dramatically in price. How much? This article applies the historical gold:silver ratios to come up with a range of prices based on specific price levels for gold being reached. Words: 691 Read More »
10. Silver Is Signaling Potential For Large Upside Move This Year – Here’s Why
While not widely reported or analyzed, over the past several months there has been an enormous amount of buying in the various markets for physical silver – both one-ounce sovereign-minted coins and refined bars. Along with some standard trading signals I’ll discuss below, I believe the activity in the market for physical silver is signaling the potential for a large upside move sometime this year. Let me explain. Read More »
11. A Rise In Silver Prices and a Fall In S&P 500 Index Seems Both Inevitable and Imminent – Here’s Why
Silver has had three bad years while the S&P has had 5 good years. It is time for both markets to reverse. Here’s why. Read More »
12. Spectacular Rally in Silver Depends on Whether This Dow 30 Rally is Real or Fake – Here’s Why
Which will it be – a long wait for a spike in silver or will it be soon? It all depends on whether this current Dow rally is real or fake. I think it’s fake. Read More »
13. Silver Has the Potential to Increase 4-Fold From Today’s Price – Here’s Why
The price ratio of gold to silver has fallen precipitously in raging bull markets for the metals, so the silver price could have an upwards move at four times the rate of any gold price increase. I think that the fundamentals look better than ever, and…[that] there is an explosive move coming in 2014. [Indeed,] I think that within a reasonable timeframe silver will probably trade over $100. Read More »
14. Massive Debt Levels Will Push Silver To $150 And Beyond
The process of the devaluation of gold and silver, started by the demonetization of gold and silver, is about to reverse at a greater speed than ever before. Read More »
15. What You Need to Know Before Investing in Silver
I believe there is more opportunity in the silver market over the next two years relative to gold and, as such I’m now advocating accumulating a large overweight position in silver relative to gold because, over the long-term, there is such a great demand vs. supply situation developing….Before investing in silver, however, there are a number very important things that you must understand about the silver market. Let me explain. Words: 899 Read More »
16. Silver On Its Way to $50/ozt. & Then to “Blue Sky Country”
Silver has moved above its 200-day moving average which is a signal for silver prices to challenge the $50 area, overcome it and then traverse ‘blue sky country’ to target the upper trendline shown in the chart shown below. Read More »
17. New BRICS Bank To Give IMF & World Bank Much Needed Competition
After two years of dogged wrangling, mainly to block China’s ambitions for control, the new BRICS bank was announced as a reality at the sixth BRICS summit held in Brazil with the five BRICS leaders announcing that the new bank has been capitalized with $50 billion, with equal contributions from all five. While all this is a fairly small step, it remains a highly significant one. Read More »
18. BRICS Plan to Abandon U.S. Dollar Will Hurt U.S. and Help Gold
Frustrated with what they viewed as being ignored by the West and not having a prominent role in institutions like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (also known as the BRICS countries) have held their second summit…[and declared war on the U.S. dollar. Let me explain.] Words: 572 Read More »
If China bought all the silver and demanded it for delivery, the price would sky rocket and my stocks would FINALLY gain some % $$$$.
I, for one, am sick of the manipulation , sick of paper and futures traders determining the price of my silver I have in my hands !
Please China and Russia – do it already!!
Imagine if China (to pick a wealthy country) decided to buy up all Silver using their US$…