Automatically receive the internet’s most informative articles bi-weekly via our free bi-weekly Market Intelligence Report newsletter (sample here). Register in the top right hand corner of this page.
Historically, when the Gold vs. Silver ratio reaches an extreme level, and precious metals begin to rally, a reversion within the ratio takes place, which represents a revaluation process for silver prices compared to gold prices. This typically means that the prices of Silver will accelerate to the upside as the price of gold moves higher – resulting in a decrease in the ratio level and we expect that, for every drop of 5.0 points in the gold/silver ratio, the price of Silver should increase by 6.5% to 7.5% to the price of Gold.
…I believe a reversion process has already begun…[and that it] is about to explode as a dramatic revaluation event unfolds over the next 12+ months. This process will become more evident to…as the price of Gold continues to rally towards the +$1,750/ozt. level and as the price of Silver explodes higher in larger and larger advances.
… Our previous analysis suggested Gold will attempt a move to levels above $1,650 to $1,700 on the next breakout move higher [and] this…move will expose the price reversion event…[and] the expected Silver price advantage for all traders going forward.@Gold&Silver
Gold/Silver Ratio – Silver Price vs Ratio Level
We put together this reference table to assist all traders in understanding just how important this move could be to them. This reference table shows the current Gold/Silver price levels (in GREY) as the ratio levels change from 88 to lower levels.
- If the price of Gold were to stay at the same $1,426/ozt. level while Silver rallied to prompt an 82 or 77 ratio level,
- then the price of silver would move from the current price of $16.19/ozt. to $17.39 or $18.52 in order to reflect this decreased ratio level. That represents a 7.5% to 14.3% price increase.
- If the price of Gold advances to $1,650 or $1,750/ozt. while the ratio level drops to the 82 or 77 ratio level (because Silver advances fast[er] than Gold),
- then the price of Silver would move from the current price of $16.19/ozt. to $20.12 to $22.73. That move represents a 24.2% to 40.3% price increase in Silver when Gold increased only 15.7% to 22.7%.
- If the price of Silver advances even faster than our “what if” scenario, above, and Gold continues to advance as we expect,
- then the increased price reversion process taking place in Silver as a process of this revaluation event could result in a 70% to 110% fast[er] price advance in Silver than the price advance that takes place in Gold.
We believe the next upside price leg in Silver will target $19.50 to $22.75/ozt. This target range supports the highlighted area on our Ratio table (below). In other words, we believe the ratio level will attempt to quickly move toward the 70 to 77 level as Gold prices rally over the next few months. This would push silver up into the $22.50 to $25/ozt. price level very quickly.
- If Gold were to rally above $1,950/ozt. on an extended upside price advance before August or September,
- then we believe the reversion process would become extremely hyperactive in nature and the price of Silver could push well above $29~34 per [troy] ounce – may be even higher…
- If Gold were to move up above $1,750/ozt. ( (which is our expected target for the next leg higher) and the Gold/Silver ratio was to drop below the 55 level
- then the expected target price for Silver would be somewhere between $30 and $40/ozt. – more than 100% higher than the current price of Silver – and it could go well above $50/ozt. over the long run.
If you think $50/ozt. is unimaginable or unrealistic, we’ve just shown you why it is possible these levels could be reached before the end of 2019 or in 2020.
If you have not grasped the reality of what is likely to unfold over the next 6 to 12+ months in the global markets and that precious metals are the setup of the decade, then pay attention to the fact that gold and silver are poised for moves ranging from 40% to 240% over the next 12+ months depending on the scale and scope of this move…
Sponsor an article for $10; Receive a 258-page book as a thank you. Click here
Related Articles from the munKNEE Vault:
1. The Case For $25 Silver – Possibly $68 Silver – Or Even $90 Silver – In the Next Few Years
Every time the gold:silver ratio has reached a level of around 82, it has led to extraordinary rallies in the silver market.
2. Silver Will Soon Move Suddenly & Shockingly Higher – Here’s Why (+6K Views)
I am convinced that silver will soon explode in price in a manner of unprecedented proportions, both in terms of previous silver rallies and relative to all other commodities. By unprecedented, I mean that the price of silver will move suddenly and shockingly higher in a manner never witnessed previously, including the great price run ups in 1980 and 2011. The highest prior price level of $50 will quickly be exceeded.
3. Silver Prices: How High Will They Go? $100? $300? $500? (+37K Views)
Silver prices have risen exponentially for the past 90 years as the dollar has been consistently devalued. Expect continued silver price rises.
4. Silver Breakout To $22.50-$24.00 Coming In Next 2-4 Months – Then Quickly To +$85/ozt!
One of the most incredible trade setups you’ll ever see in Silver is just weeks or months from initiating the next upside price leg and we are alerting you now to be prepared.
5. Silver:Monetary Base Ratio Shows Silver To Be the Bargain of the Century!
Buying silver now is like buying silver back in 2003 when it was under $5 per troy ounce. It’s the bargain of the century!
6. Silver is Now Even More Precious Than Gold! Do You Own Any? (Almost 6K Views)
Silver is now rarer than gold and will be for all of eternity. From this point forth we work from current silver production alone and, from this point forth, demand will outstrip production without exception. Can you imagine what that means for the future price of this, indeed, precious metal? Forget about the popular expression: ‘Got gold?’ The much more important – and potentially more profitable – question to ask these days is, ‘Got silver?
7. UPDATE – Gold:Silver Ratio Suggests Much Higher Future Price for Silver (+21K Views)
Silver is currently greatly undervalued relative to its average long-term historical relationship with gold and, as such, it is realistic to expect that silver will eventually escalate dramatically in price. How much? This article applies the historical gold:silver ratios to come up with a range of prices based on specific price levels for gold being reached.
8. Breakout in Silver Looks Convincing With Lots Of Upside Potential
This market looks gorgeous, and has lots of upside potential in 2019.
9. Silver Has An Explosive Feeling
Almost every one of the precious metals has some sort of explosive feeling and that is especially so with the price of silver. Let me explain why that is the case.
Silver has been in a descending triangle over the past 8 years but looks to be nearing completion. This suggests a large move in Silver is near.
11. Silver Could Hit $150 A Troy Ounce – Here’s Why (+3K Views)
A collapse of the U.S. dollar is inevitable. The U.S. Dollar Index has been bouncing off of four-year lows for the past several weeks but this cannot last much longer with a global trade war and U.S. equity correction looming….The U.S. dollar and fiat currencies are in trouble, hinting that gold and silver prices could again go screaming higher…[as] the two still generally trade inverse to each other and, while gold is perhaps the safest way to hedge against a falling dollar, the most profitable option is silver.
12. Silver Prices Are Way Too Low Any Way You Look At It
The graphs below show that silver prices are too low based on five decades of history and via comparisons to national debt, the S&P 500 Index and gold. Expect silver prices to rise far higher in coming years as the over-leveraged financial system resets and rebalances.
13. This Opportunity Is Being Handed to You On A Silver Platter!
Talk about having an opportunity handed to you on a silver platter! Whether it’s buying shares of SLV or purchasing physical bullion, there really isn’t much of a downside at this point. If you haven’t staked your claim, now’s a good time to do it.
14. 10 Compelling Reasons To Add Physical Silver To Your Portfolio (Almost 3K Views)
It’s natural and even prudent for an investor to wonder if a particular asset is a good investment or not and that’s especially true for silver, since it’s such a small market and doesn’t carry the same gravitas as gold. At this point in history, however, there are 10 compelling reasons to add physical silver to your portfolio.
15. What You Need to Know Before Investing in Silver (Almost 3K Views)
I believe there is more opportunity in the silver market over the next two years relative to gold and, as such I’m now advocating accumulating a large overweight position in silver relative to gold because, over the long-term, there is such a great demand vs. supply situation developing….Before investing in silver, however, there are a number very important things that you must understand about the silver market. Let me explain. Words: 899
16. Analysis: Silver Prices Too Low – Could Rise Above $30 in 2019 – Here’s Why
It is time to assess risk versus reward and buy silver with currency units recycled from other assets.
17. Silver Will Be the Single Best Investment This Decade – Here’s Why (+4K Views)
The fiat currency experiment will end badly in a currency crisis. The wealthiest people will be those who bought silver today and were smart enough to research and pick the best silver mining stocks.
18. Silver Is A “Must Own” – Here’s Why (+3K Views)
Silver has often rebounded nearly 100% within 12-15 months after bad and long bear markets. History says Silver is ripe for a similar move over the next 12 to 18 months.
19. $500 Silver Seems Absurd But Consider The Possibility (+2K Views!)
Crafting such a bold title could become hazardous to my reputation since I am a conservative person. However, before you dust off the straight-jacket and have me committed, please take a few moments and consider the possibility.
20. The Case For $5,000 Silver – Yes, $5,000 Silver (+5K Views)
If the price of silver were based directly on the real physical silver market, silver’s price should be at $5,000 an ounce. I’m not saying the price of silver will reach $5,000 an ounce; I’m just saying that the actual PHYSICAL silver spot price is not only extremely undervalued, but that it is an illusion compared to the real value of an ounce of physical silver, since it is totally disconnected from reality. [Let me explain further.]
21. Anticipating $200-$400 Silver Is Ridiculous – But What If…? (+2K Views)
$200 or $400 silver is outrageous when we think in terms of today’s dollars, euros, and yen but what if…
22. Silver: $100/ozt. Reasonable By 2020 – 2022 Or Sooner (+2K Views)
The global financial system is increasingly unstable and fragile, even more so than in 2008. The important question these days is: How will governments, central banks and financial systems respond to the ongoing crisis? Future prices for silver are dependent upon the answer to that question. I suggest three possible scenarios.
23. Don’t Ignore Silver; Its Time has Come! (+3K Views)
Gold and silver generally move in sync with each other and tend to move in the same direction. The relationship is such that there’s even an indicator that measures it – the gold/silver ratio. Many investors use the ratio to spot extremes in the pricing of either precious metal, and to spot trends, whether up or down. The ratio currently sits at approx. 80:1 and suggests that silver has some catching up to do.
24. A Minimum Target of $675 for Silver Is NOT Wishful Thinking! Here’s Why (+2K Views)
The 70s pattern for silver is very similar to the pattern that currently exists. Therefore, I do not think it is wishful thinking that silver will reach the target of $675 as a minimum. Now, you have an opportunity to go back in time to 1978, without a “time-machine,” and make a similar but bigger gain.
25. Now’s the Time To Trade In Your Gold For Silver – Here’s Why (+2K Views)
If you’re a speculator in precious metals, now may be a good time to consider trading in some gold for silver. Here’s why.
26. Silver Will See Much Greater % Price Appreciation Than Gold – Here’s Why (+3K Views)
The price of silver is going to go much, much higher – much higher – over the next decade relative to gold. Below are 5 solid reasons why I believe that is the case.
27. Once Silver Finds Bottom It Should Rebound By 350% – Here’s Why (Almost 4K Views)
Spectacular bull markets in silver are not a fantasy and are not anomalies. In the last 35 years, silver has had a perfect record of strong bull markets after a bear market. A 350% gain is what can be expected once silver finds a bottom. Here’s why.
28. Start Stacking Silver and You’ll Be Rich In 5 Years! Here’s Why (+2K Views)
The supply of silver went down in 2015 due to lower scrap supply and I believe silver production from mines will not rise significantly in 2016 so supply will be subdued going forward. Demand however will keep going up. [IMO if you start] stacking silver you’ll be rich in exactly 5 years.
29. Fractal Analysis Suggests Silver Price Explosion Like In 2004 Quite Possible Again
The current silver bottoming process, albeit longer, is very similar to that of 2001 to 2003. Back then that base set up a bull rally that continued until 2011. The USD is making its last attempts to go higher before experiencing a major decline and when that decline starts (which is likely to be soon), the silver price will take off in a big way.
30. Silver Price Is A Coiled Spring – Continue Accumulating More Silver Investments
Silver appears to be in the very late stages of its Head-and-Shoulders bottom and, with the price still not far off the Right Shoulder lows, we are at a very good point to continue accumulating silver investments.
31. Silver Trend Is Inevitable In Its Outcome – Here’s Why
Supply and demand trends are clearly poised to continue tightening the silver market and when the next crisis hits the silver price will be significantly impacted by this trend. It may not happen this year, but the 20,000-foot view of this market says a crunch is on the way. It’s supply/demand 101.
What does 5G network cell phones solar panels ev batteries have in common other than they are all coming on strong in the market. They all need and use silver. So sooner or later it’s going to drive silver prices up. Demand does that makes me wonder who and what is holding its price down .
Its manipulated. When prices r low the vast majority of humans get worried because we only really wants things to go up. So nobody buys. And when it starts to go up everyone jumps in.
Its also true people are tight ass over 2 dollars n getting discounts at shops but they r willing to take million dollar mortgages. Humans are greedy they hate loss. Anything to do with loss equates failure but the opposite is true. When things r down they tend to go up.
Silver dropped 2.6% in NYMex open Tuesday 1st week of Nov 2019. Is Silver paper prices manipulation so strong, supply / demand don’t apply?