Automatically receive the internet’s most informative articles bi-weekly via our free bi-weekly Market Intelligence Report newsletter (sample here). Register in the top right hand corner of this page.
This infographic shows some of the findings of Knight Frank’s Wealth Report 2015, which looks at how many millionaires, centi-millionaires, and billionaires will be made in different regions of the world over the next decade. All of this is based on how many assets are accumulated by an individual. Take a look.
The commentary above & below consists of edited excerpts from an infographic from VisualCapitalist.com.
- the growth rate for these elite groups of wealthy people are the lowest in Western countries…[given that] most of the big opportunities have been taken advantage of, and the economic growth rates of advanced economies are lower.
- Asia leads in every category in absolute terms for adding new millionaires, centimillionaires, and billionaires. The region is projected to add 342 new billionaires at a 70% growth rate over the next decade, which is more than North America, Europe, Australasia, and Latin America combined. Also astounding is the fact that there will be 5,169 individuals that accumulate over $100 million in assets in Asia over the next 10 years. In contrast, North America will add 3,079 at less than half of the growth rate (25%).
- While the absolute numbers of Asia are stunning in sheer size, it is the relative numbers…in Africa that also catch our eye. Africa will add millionaires at the highest clip of all regions in the next decade at a 53% growth rate…
The above article has been edited by Lorimer Wilson, editor of munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) and the FREE Market Intelligence Report newsletter (see sample here) for the sake of clarity ([ ]) and brevity (…) to provide a fast and easy read.
Sources: http://www.knightfrank.com/wealthreport/2015/wealth-distribution/ & http://www.visualcapitalist.com/over-5000-new-centimillionaires-will-be-made-in-asia-in-next-decade-chart/
Related Articles from the munKNEE Vault:
1. Millionaires: Which Countries Have the Largest Number, the Highest Density, the Fastest Growth etc.?
The rich are getting richer and that’s good news for everyone. I’ll tell you why in a minute. First, let’s look at where the millionaires are — and where their number are growing the fastest.
2. Never Have SO Few Owned SO Much – Where Do You Place in the Wealth Hierarchy?[The fact that] the top 1% has prospered incredibly while the bottom 99% have been screwed royally is supported by countless data. New data show this is a global phenomenon and that even in the worst of economic times the wealthiest make out like the bandits they are, and there are a lot more of them than 1%. [Let’s take a look at what the data actually says.]
3. America: The 42nd Most Unequal Country in the World!
[Remember the song by The Barenaked Ladies called “If I Had a Million Dollars“? Well, if you were one of the many ultra-wealthy around the world who were worth billions (see list) and earns billions of dollars each year, year after year, where could you possibly spend such riches? Well, frankly, even being very extravagant, it actually is surprisingly difficult to spend that much money – and there’s the rub. While this article, on one hand, outlines where and how a billionaire could make a small dent in his fortune (the uplifting part) it outlines, on the other hand, just how concentrated wealth is in the U.S. these days and the adverse effect such a concentration is having on our society.]
4. Become Wealthy Like the Mega-Millionaires – Here’s How
132,000 investors in America that had a net worth of $25 million or more, excluding their primary residence, were analyzed to identify the top characteristics commonly found amongst such individuals and 5 traits were found to consistently be the most important. Here they are.
5. Want to Become Rich – Very Rich? Here Are the Traits & Habits Of Successful Billionaires
What are billionaires good at besides achieving goals and rolling in the dough? Some of their habits and personality traits may surprise you. Who knows, adopting some of the characteristics and good habits of successful billionaires could help you along your path to greater achievements and riches.
6. America’s Most Generous Billionaires
Contrary to the image we may have of billionaires, many are on a mission to give away their money. This infographic looks at the American billionaires who have signed up to the Giving Pledge, as well as other millionaires and billionaires who have been making relatively large contributions in the past few years.
7. How Many Billionaires Are There? How Much Wealth Do They Control?
How many billionaires are there and how much wealth do they control?
8. Do You Have What It Takes to Become Filthy Rich?
Saving money isn’t all about whether or not you know how to score screaming bargains. It has more to do with your attitude toward money. Many millionaires, in fact, have frugal ways and understanding how personal traits can influence your finances is an essential ingredient for building wealth. Do you have the 10 key traits to become rich let alone very, very rich? Words: 815