Nothing explains the world more elegantly than a map and, in that spirit, we’ve compiled the 15 most excellent, unusual, and just cool maps that we’ve recently come across. They cover all the bases: economics, politics, culture, immigration…and some fun stuff too. Take a look. Words: 345
So says Rob Wile (www.businessinsider.com) in his latest post.
Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!), may have edited the article below for length and/or clarity. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Below is an outline of each map and a link to it:
1. Worldwide Oil Import And Export Flows: Saudi Arabia is the biggest hub still. Next up is Indonesia. [See map here]
2. Countries exposed to China: Australia would get whacked in a hard landing. Everyone else would get hurt too. [See map here]
3. World Mobile Phone Usage: The BRICs continue to grow, at least by this measure. [See map here]
4. World Population By Latitude: 90% of the world lives in the northern hemisphere. [See map here]
5. Germany’s View of Europe: Utilitarian. [See map here]
6. Greece’s View Of Europe: Resentful. [See map here]
7. The Cost Of Shipping 1 Lb. Of Goods Around The World: The Eurocrisis has decimated the Industry. [See map here]
8. Countries Most At Risk From Climate Change: Africa is in the danger zone. [See map here]
9. The New Silk Road: The ‘Stans’ have become a major freight hub for the East. [See map here]
10. The Suez Canal: Without it, northern Europe would wilt. [See map here]
11. US Military Bases In The Middle East: The number has exploded over the past decade. [See map here]
12. World Bribery Map: Africa improving, Europe not so much. [See map here]
13. Facebook Users: Slowly but surely, the non-Anglophone world catches up. [See map here]
14. World Population Proportional Cartogram: The East dominates. [See map here]
15. World Debt Levels Proportional Cartogram: The map shifts westward. [See map here]
Check out our list of the world’s strangest economic indicators here.
Take Note: If you like what this site has to offer go here to receive Your Daily Intelligence Report with links to the latest articles posted on munKNEE.com. It’s FREE! An easy “unsubscribe” feature is provided should you decide to cancel at any time.