With both the fundamentals and the technicals saying the stock market is a risky place to be, we await its crash back to reality. Here’s why.
So says Michael Lombardi (ProfitConfidential.com) in edited excerpts from his original article* entitled 2 Most Important Stock Charts of 2014.
[The following is presented by Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.FinancialArticleSummariesToday.com and www.munKNEE.com and may have been edited ([ ]), abridged (…) and/or reformatted (some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.]
Lombardi goes on to say in further edited excerpts:
From March of 2009 to the end of February 2014, the S&P 500 has gone up about 155%. Other indices like the Dow Jones Industrial Average and NASDAQ Composite have shown similar—if not better—performances but, as key stock indices soar, we are seeing the fundamentals that traditionally drive stocks higher weaken:
- Corporate insiders are dumping stocks at an alarming rate;
- corporate earnings growth has dropped to its slowest pace since 2009;
- the Volatility Index is near the low it was at just before stocks collapsed in 2007; and
- margin debt on the NYSE has reached a record high.
All very bearish factors.
From a technical point of view, something interesting has also happened on the key stock indices. Below is the weekly chart of the S&P 500.
2. The blue line on the chart above is of the 200-week moving average of the S&P 500, which currently sits about 25% below the current S&P 500 price. What does this mean? Over my 30-year investment career, I have learned one important factor about the stock market: it always comes back to its 200-week moving average.
With both the fundamentals and the technicals saying the stock market is a risky place to be, we await its crash back to reality.
Scroll to very bottom of page & add your comments on this article. We want to share what you have to say!
[Editor’s Note: The author’s views and conclusions in the above article are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original post. Furthermore, the views, conclusions and any recommendations offered in this article are not to be construed as an endorsement of such by the editor.]
1. Alert! Copper Has Plummeted – Plunge In S&P 500 Could Be Next – Here’s Why
Copper has just met the lower resistance line of its descending triangle pattern and should it break through that resistance the price for copper could fall like a stone. That, in turn, would have a MAJOR “watch out below” impact on the future level of the S&P 500. Let me explain. Read More »
2. Stock Market Will Collapse In May Followed By Major Spike in Gold & Silver Prices! Here’s Why
The unintended consequences of five years of QE are coming home to roost! In May or early June the stock market parabola will collapse…followed by a massive inflationary spike in commodity prices – particularly gold & silver – that will collapse the global economy. Read More »
3. We’re on the Precipice of a 50% Drop in the U. S. Stock Market! Here’s Why
Warren Buffett’s favorite indicator – the ratio of the value of U.S. stocks to GDP – is seen by him as a reliable gauge of where the market stands and these days it suggests that all the main indexes are pointing to an imminent 50% crash. Read More »
4. How Does Current S&P 500 Bull Market Duration & Strength Compare With Other Bull Runs?
The tables below provide an update of where the current S&P 500 bull market stands in comparison to prior bull markets in terms of duration and magnitude Read More »
5. Dr. Nu Yu: “Stock Market Alert! S&P 500 Could Correct to 1640! Here’s Why”
Today, the S&P 500 index decisively broke below the lower boundary of the 3-month ascending broadening triangle pattern. We should now watch for a full range decline down to 1640. Read More »