There are only 5 pure-play plant-based food stocks in the fledgling fake meat, dairy, egg, and seafood sector with market capitalization of at least $100M and less than $1B and they continue to plunge down -6.4% MTD and -29.3% YTD.
An original article by Lorimer Wilson, Managing Editor of munKNEE .com – Your Key To Making Money!
Below is the stock price performance of the 5 constituents in the munKNEE Pure-Play Plant-Based Food Stocks Index to date in July (MTD) and YTD presented in descending order based on their MTD performances:
- Tattooed Chef (TTCF) has declined -4.6% MTD and is now -12.7% YTD
- Laird Superfood (LSF) has declined -4.9% MTD and is now -42.1% YTD
- Guru Organic (CSE: GURU; GUROF) has declined -9.8% MTD and is now -7.9% YTD
- Else Nutrition (BABYF) has declined -11.8% MTD and is now -28.8% YTD
- The Very Good Food Company (VRYYF) has declined -12.5% MTD and is now -44.3% YTD
The average market capitalization of the above 5 stocks is $359M with an average stock price of $1.33/share.
Please note that:
- Plant & Company Brands (VGANF), Eat Beyond Global (EATBF), Plant Fuel Life (CSE:FUEL), Modern Plant Based Foods (MDRNF) and Tofutti Brands (TOFB) are nano-caps (i.e. have market capitalizations of less than $50M) ranging from $14M to $47M and averaging just $29M with an average price/share of only $1.09 and, as such, are not included in the Index
- and Beyond Meat (BYND), with a whopping $8.0B market capitalization and $126.75/share, is excluded from the Index
as their inclusion would mask the performance of the other plant-based food stocks in the sector.
The average performance of the 5 stocks in the munKNEE Pure-Play Plant-Based Food Stocks Index is -6.4% MTD and -29.3% YTD.
Please note: The 5 pure-play stocks in the munKNEE Pure-Play Plant-Based Food Stocks Index are just that, pure, and focused almost exclusively on the research, development, sales, distribution, and marketing of vegan food products and, as such, the Index reflects the true health of the plant-based food sector in the U.S. and Canada.
A Few Last Words:
- Click the “Like” button at the top of the page if you found this article a worthwhile read as this will help us build a bigger audience.
- Comment below if you want to share your opinion or perspective with other readers and possibly exchange views with them.
- Register to receive our free Market Intelligence Report newsletter (sample here) in the top right hand corner of this page.
- Join us on Facebook to be automatically advised of the latest articles posted and to comment on any of them.