Buckle up! Gold is coming out of hibernation within the next 6 to 12 months & then beginning a major breakout to at least $3,600 over the next 2 to 4 years.
The above introductory comments are edited excerpts from an article* by Jason Hamlin (goldstockbull.com) entitled Gold Price Forecast for Next Six Months: Buckle Up!
The following article is presented courtesy of Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) and has been edited, abridged and/or reformatted (some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Hamlin goes on to say in further edited excerpts:
…I believe the gold bull market is not over, but has merely taken an extended breather. These periods of correction and consolidation can be very healthy for long term bull markets and I see no reason that it will be different for gold this time around.
The fundamental factors continue to support the argument for higher gold and silver prices.
- The total level of both government and consumer debt continues to expand, and the debt-to-GDP ratio of the United States and most industrialized nations also continues to push higher.
- The dollar is slowly losing its status of world reserve currency and the petrol dollar reserve is seriously being called into question. A growing list of nations are signing bilateral trade agreements to bypass the dollar, with both China and Russia turning openly hostile towards the dollar in recent months.
- We have also seen strong buying emerge at every major dip since the current uptrend in gold started. Weak hands have long been shaken from their positions and the current holders are not easily scared into selling at any sign of price weakness.
The above factors should help to support gold and push prices higher in the coming months.
On the technical side of things, we see, [as illustrated in the chart below.] a symmetrical triangle pattern that has developed over the past year. This pattern is easily recognized by the distinct shape created by two converging trendlines.
- The pattern contains a series of sequentially lower peaks and a series of sequentially higher troughs.
- Both trendlines act as barriers that prevent the price from heading higher or lower, but once the price breaches one of these levels, a sharp movement often follows.
- When layered on top of a sector that is already highly volatile and prone to sharp moves in either direction, the resolution of the current symmetrical triangle pattern has explosive potential.
We don’t yet have solid indication as to which way this movement will be, but my gold forecast remains to the upside. [In addition to] all of the fundamental reasons that were just mentioned…
- the latest breakout generated a higher high versus the April peak and
- the price has thus far held up above both key moving averages (100-day and 200-day)
- the RSI has retreated from overbought levels and has room for another major push, just as gold is heading into its strongest seasonal period of the year.
Taken together, the above factors lead me to believe that the eventual breakout in gold will be to the upside.
Looking at the longer-term chart below, we can see that the recent correction makes sense after such a powerful rebound that followed the financial crisis. Furthermore, specific cycles or trends start to emerge that can help us predict the potential scope of gold’s next move.
- First, notice how the 2008 correction in gold retraced 50% of the prior advance and then had an explosive rebound from around $700 to a new high above $1900. This gain of $1,200 was followed by a retracement of around 60% of the move. These two retracement percentages are very close the Fibonacci sequence that is a favorite predictive tool amongst technical chartists.
- Secondly, note how the 2009-2011 advance of $1,200 was a little more than double the previous advance of $550. If this trend continues, we can expect the next major advance to take the gold price up…to at least $3,600 during the next upleg, although it is likely to take between two and four years to reach this level.
Of course, none of this is a guarantee of the future price movement and all technical analysis should be taken with a grain of salt. Investor sentiment and emotions also drive prices and there are any number of black swan events that could flip the current outlook on its head.
…[The most] important measure when viewing the gold price in fiat terms is how much purchasing power an ounce of gold can provide the owner.
- History shows gold’s success at preserving wealth, but it can also be a significant generator of wealth when the purchasing power climb increases.
- In the worst case scenario of hyperinflation or a collapse of the dollar, even some of the most outrageous gold predictions could end up being low so start counting your gold in ounces, not fiat money.
Buckle up as gold comes out of hibernation and begins a major breakout to the upside within the next 6 to 12 months.
Editor’s Note: The author’s views and conclusions in the above article are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original post. Furthermore, the views, conclusions and any recommendations offered in this article are not to be construed as an endorsement of such by the editor.
2014 could end up being the turnaround year for precious metals and a bull market ascent could develop in 2015 – especially so in gold shares. Here’s why. Read More »
The market has not changed materially over the past many weeks/months and, as long as the market has not changed, expectations that the price of gold and silver should not change, either. Expectations are future hopes/plans that may or may not ever be realized. Present market conditions are the reality of what is, without getting into the mental gymnastics about the degree of reality reflected in the charts. Market activity trumps everything, and one works with that reality or risks substantial loss by favoring opinion/hopes/expectations. Below is what the charts are saying today. Read More »
In an opposite mode to the very bearish outlook for stock markets, developing evidence suggests that precious metals and in particular gold and gold stocks have completed a bear market low…and have already begun a major bull market. Read More »
When I suggest that the gold price can rise to a level in the 5-digit range, I expect to be ridiculed or to have my forecast overlooked by most market participants. Nevertheless, as we will see in a moment the prospect of 5-digit gold is not so far-fetched. Read More »
War cycles – cycles that govern human social interaction on a grand scale, cycles that can be quantified and used to forecast periods of peace and war, periods of civil unrest and international conflict – are now ramping up and converging in the worst possible combination of forces not seen since the late 1800s. In the process they are setting the stage for gold and silver to explode higher with gold going up to well over $5,000 an ounce a few years from now … silver to more than $125 an ounce … and mining shares, to the moon. Read More »
We are monitoring three developing situations that we believe could have a profound impact on gold demand during the remainder of the year — driving forces that could provide impetus for a classic gold run that could begin with a summer surprise. Read More »