…No doubt you have…read that gold and silver are “real money” and safeguards against future economic collapse but beneath all the sensational headlines, what’s the real story? Should you invest in gold and silver or, are precious metals a good investment right now? Here are 12 compelling reasons to invest in gold and silver.
This article is sponsored by Owen Overly. Go HERE to sponsor your own.
@$$4$...Why should you take gold and silver investing seriously…? What are some specific reasons for investing in silver and gold? Here are 12 compelling reasons why you should add precious metals to your portfolio.
1. Gold And Silver Are A Private Investment
- …Most assets like stocks, for example, require you to work through an online brokerage. Any ownership of shares in a publicly owned company is considered public information.
- Even your savings account might not be as confidential as you would like to think. After all, your data is stored online somewhere, and that means hackers and third parties could conceivably access it.
- On the other hand, ownership of gold and silver is private information. You can keep the amount you’ve invested in precious metals a secret, and it’s unlikely—if not impossible—for anyone to find out how much you have.
If privacy is a big concern of yours, gold and silver investments might be your best choice.
2. Gold And Silver Are Tangible Possessions
- Stocks and bonds, cryptocurrency, and even digital savings accounts all have a significant drawback: none of the money is real. The value of those assets depends entirely on how strangers in the market feel about them at any given time.
- While the value of precious metals goes up and down with the market too, but unlike digital assets and cash, precious metals continue to be valuable during economic downturns, especially gold. Even if the whole world’s economic system collapsed—and that could happen—gold would still hold value. Gold and silver are real assets that you can touch and feel.
If owning tangible resources matters to you, then precious metals should be on your radar.
3. Precious Metals Are Running Out
- …Precious metals are “precious”…because they’re valued for either their aesthetic beauty or their practical usefulness…[and, unlike fiat currency that can be printed indefinitely, precious metals are a limited supply…
- The more people and nations buy up the gold and silver in circulation, the harder it will be to get any.
If you want to add precious metals to your portfolio, now is the time to get started.
4. Silver And Gold Will Always Have Buying Power
- …Unlike cash, gold and silver tend to hold their value (and increase in value). Using gold for your savings and only liquidating it when you need to make a purchase means your money can go further.
No matter what happens in the future, gold and silver will still be valued assets…
5. Silver And Gold Are In High Demand
- …Gold and silver are excellent choices for traditionally minded investing. Although their values fluctuate a little, over the long term, they’re likely to only go up.
Precious metals you buy today could be worth considerably more a decade from now.
6. Precious Metals Are A Safe Haven Investment
- Most types of assets are experiencing a bull market all at the same time, meaning values are increasing dramatically…[but] this rate of increase is unsustainable, and eventually the bubble will burst…
…Gold and silver are considered “safe haven” investments…
7. People Are Losing Confidence In Fiat Currencies
- People around the world are rapidly losing confidence in fiat currency, especially the U.S. Dollar, the world’s standard…
- There’s no questioning that crypto assets will have a place in tomorrow’s world, but it’s best not to rely on a single asset type, especially one that’s completely intangible…but gold has a stronger historical track record.
If you want to prepare for a post-cash society, consider precious metals.
8. Gold And Silver Are Universally Respected
- No matter where you go in the world, practically every society on earth prizes gold and silver.
- Fiat currency, however, is only valuable within the nation where it was printed and stocks and crypto investments can only be accessed and traded from a computer…
For real money that’s respected no matter where you are, nothing compares to gold and silver.
9. Fiat, Stocks, And Crypto Are Volatile By Comparison
- …Stocks and bonds, cryptocurrency, and even cash aren’t tangible assets…making them less inherently valuable…[and] the value they do have quite volatile….While no investment option is entirely risk-free gold and silver probably come the closest.
For dependable investments with enduring value, nothing surpasses precious metals.
10. Gold And Silver Have A History Of Holding Value
- In nearly every period of history, gold has remained a valued commodity…[and] alternative assets like cryptocurrencies will no doubt be useful in the future, but….
If we want to truly learn from what history has taught us, we shouldn’t neglect silver and gold.
11. The World Will Flock To Gold If Fiat Collapses
If the world’s monetary systems collapse, it will most likely return to gold.
12. Precious Metals Are An Inflation Hedge and Deflation Protection
- Gold has long been seen as an excellent hedge against inflation. This means that, when the value of fiat currency goes down, the value of gold naturally goes up so, while the money in your bank account might be losing value, any gold you own should be increasing in value.
- Having gold on hand can also protect you against deflation, such as during depressions or recessions. During the Great Depression, the purchasing power of gold skyrocketed, meaning people who had gold could buy more with it.
We live in a changing and uncertain world, and one of the best ways to stay afloat is to do those things that have always worked. In many ways, investing in gold and silver is one of those things.@$$4$
(You now have 12 reasons to invest in gold and silver…[and] why precious metals are an important part of any portfolio…[and] Sprott Money provides a convenient way to start investing in precious metals. Learn more about our services and contact us today to get started…)