Demand for diamond jewelry sales has tripled in the past 25 years yet most people don’t know much about where diamonds come from. This infographic will change all that. Take a look and get informed in a matter of minutes.
- It is estimated that 65% of the total number of diamonds produced worldwide, are produced in Africa.
- The African country of Botswana for example is the largest diamond producer in terms of value, with the diamond industry contributing to almost 40% of the country’s GDP.
- When it comes to quantity, Russia is the largest producer worldwide by country, producing more than 22% of global diamonds.
- The biggest diamond mine in the world, called Jubilee, is even located in Russia.
For more insights into the fascinating world of diamonds, have a look at this infographic created by The Wedding Band Shop.
[The above infograghic*, created by TheWeddingBandShop.ie, is presented by the editorial team of munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) and the FREE Market Intelligence Report newsletter (see sample here – register here) in a slightly edited ([ ]) and abridged (…) format to provide a fast and easy read.]
*Original Source: http://theweddingguideuk.com/where-do-your-diamonds-come-from
Want more such articles? Just “follow the munKNEE” on Twitter; visit our Facebook page and “like” an article; or subscribe to our free newsletter – see sample here.
Related Articles from the munKNEE Vault:
1. The World Of Colored Diamonds
Since 400 A.D., diamonds have been sought after for their beauty, their strength and their versatility…[but] it wasn’t until 1953 that the four Cs of diamonds – cut, clarity, color and carat – were established by which all…diamonds are judged today. This article, with an accompanying infographic, looks at what each of these four Cs mean and how this knowledge can benefit you as a consumer.
2. The Poor Man’s Gold is Silver; the Poor Man’s Diamond is…You probably picture a diamond when you think of a white gemstone. Although diamonds are beautiful and traditional, you may want to consider a less expensive alternative. Check out the infographic below which tells you all about the various alternatives complete with the pros and cons of each.
3. Precious Metals vs. Pricey Gemstones: There Is No Contest When it Comes To Value
If you think precious metals are expensive you are sorely mistaken. They are, in fact, dirt cheap (relatively speaking, I must admit!) when compared with the equivalent cost of the gemstones identified below. Take a look.
4. What’s the Difference Between 1 Gold Karat, 1 Diamond Carat and 1 Troy Ounce?
You have no doubt read countless articles on the price of gold costing “x dollars per ounce”, own a gold ring or some other piece of gold jewellery and/or wear or have bought/plan to buy a diamond ring but do you really understand exactly what you are buying? What’s the difference between 1 troy ounce of gold and 1 (regular) ounce? What’s the difference between 18 and 10 karat gold? What’s the difference between a .75 and a 1.0 carat diamond? Let me explain. Words: 1102
5. The World’s Most Incredible Diamonds
Did you know that the Cullinan Diamond weighed a staggering 3,106.75 carats, which was approximately three quarters of a kilo!!? Or that the Hope Diamond has a legacy that it is cursed? This infographic explores the world’s most incredible diamonds, looking at their exquisite qualities and fascinating histories.