The corrosive nature of politics and government has destroyed the economy and the moral fiber of citizens. These issues are not insurmountable, but they are very close to being so. Their ramifications are potentially existential in nature: the average length of life, the very time span or cycle of a nation has been proven in history to be approximately 250 years. Since the USA was born in 1776 this says we have about 14 years of life remaining for America. The way things are going we don’t doubt it. [Let me explain.] Words: 768
So says Monty Pelerin (www.economicnoise.com) in edited excerpts from his original article entitled Approaching The Terminal Point.
Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.FinancialArticleSummariesToday.com (A site for sore eyes and inquisitive minds) and www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!), has edited the article below for length and clarity – see Editor’s Note at the bottom of the page. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Pelerin goes on to say, in part:
Two events are racing at us — an important (possibly existential) election and a fiscal cliff
The Fiscal Cliff is Overrated
Under normal conditions politicians always raise the debt limit. After going through a political dance, they will do what they always do. Whether they actually comply with spending restrictions is another issue. Compounding the so-called fiscal cliff issue is the tenuous condition of the country’s finances. The fiscal cliff will not kill the country although the country is dying. Markets, at their choosing, will determine when they have had enough and terminate the charade.
The Election Outcome Compounds the Fiscal Cliff Problem
…especially if the election is close. Imagine the Bush-Gore fiasco in Florida spread across multiple states. That could paralyze politics to the point that Congress is unable to act in their typically efficient manner (a joke for those not paying attention), requiring cutbacks in government services. Even under this condition, it is nearly certain that Congress will ensure spending continues. After all, that is what they live for, and neither party wants to be responsible for Social Security checks not going out.
Who in the world is currently reading this article along with you? Click here
While these are the crises getting attention in the media, they are child’s play compared to the real dangers. Kitco lists:
Seven things make it very different this time:
- the USA is in a major unacknowledged depression,
- the entire Middle East is unraveling in violence, chaos and revolution; simultaneously,
- global bond markets are on the verge of collapse in a destruction of worldwide credit,
- the American president and his administration have taken unusual (some would say unlawful) control of the USA courts and legislative system, lending and borrowing beyond the scope of reason,
- an American electorate is on the verge of economic disaster with joblessness at 25% and growing worse,
- states within the union are voting themselves sovereign status enabling them to move on politically in the face of an American dissolution and
- the central bankers, market manipulators, market controllers and crooked politicians jockey for control while destroying their opponents.
The fiscal cliff and the political games will create a furor if they occur, but they are not terminal events. They are side issues to the real problems, symptoms of deeper and more malignant diseases. Traditional media does not cover these, possibly because they don’t understand their importance. Hence, the average citizen is clueless regarding the desperate shape the country is in.
– Go here to receive Your Daily Intelligence Report with links to the latest articles posted on munKNEE.com
– It’s FREE and includes an “easy unsubscribe feature” should you decide to do so at any time
– Join the informed! 100,000+ articles are read every month at munKNEE.com
– All articles are posted in edited form for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read
– Get newly posted articles delivered automatically to your inbox
– Sign up here
Our condition occurs as a result of politics and government. Kitco explains what political pandering has done to the country:
What is really comes down to is this:
- the more than 50% of Americans receiving some kind of government check for something prefer to vote for the candidate that will continue to hand out the goodies. They could care less who pays for it or whether state and national budgets are balanced…ever,
- many of these “voters” don’t even care who dies in a war as long “their” side is the winner and retains the ultimate power. Desire is for bread and entertainment today. Who cares about tomorrow?
The corrosive nature of politics and government has destroyed the economy and the moral fiber of citizens. These issues are not insurmountable, but they are very close to being so. Their ramifications are potentially existential in nature: the average length of life, the very time span or cycle of a nation has been proven in history to be approximately 250 years. Since the USA was born in 1776 this says we have about 14 years of life remaining for America. The way things are going we don’t doubt it.
At this point only the ignorant are not scared. Most businesses and investors know that things are awry. They may not understand the existential nature of the problem, but they are unwilling to take risks. That is why our economy languishes and every government intervention makes the problem worse rather than better. We live in interesting, and perhaps apocalyptic, times.
*Source of original article: http://www.economicnoise.com (http://s.tt/1qL5w)
Editor’s Note: The above post may have been edited ([ ]), abridged (…), and reformatted (including the title, some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. The article’s views and conclusions are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original article.
1. The Top 18 Economic Documentaries
Economic Reason has gathered together the Top 18 ‘reality’ economic documentaries which are bought to you by www.munKNEE.com.
2. If You Are Not Preparing For a US Debt Collapse, NOW Is the Time to Do So! Here’s Why
Timing the U.S. debt implosion in advance is virtually impossible. Thus far, we’ve managed to [avoid such an event], however, this will not always be the case. If the U.S. does not deal with its debt problems now, we’re guaranteed to go the way of the PIIGS, along with an episode of hyperinflation. That is THE issue for the U.S., as this situation would affect every man woman and child living in this country. [Let me explain further.] Words: 495
3. This Is What “Falling Off The Fiscal Cliff” Really Means – and It is DIRE!
We all know that high debt is a growth killer and, at the moment, the U.S. has a budget deficit of about $1 trillion. That’s a very big number…The question is, at what point do countries have to deal with high debt levels? How high do debt levels have to be before one has to deal with the problem by lowering budget deficits? Also, what are the consequences of such debt and budget reductions? Words: 500
4. It’s in Your Own Best Interest to Learn Just How Bad America’s Debt Problem Is – So Read On!
America is quickly approaching a catastrophic economic collapse. Before you dismiss this as hype or paranoia, take a few minutes to review the facts … The numbers don’t lie.
5. Is TEOTWAWKI Imminent – Or Will It Be Deferred?
For those who didn’t get the memo, TEOTWAWKI stands for “the end of the world as we know it” and that is what David Korowicz predicts – a disaster of unprecedented proportions sometime this decade – an “ultimate” crash that will be irreversible – that will be TEOTWAWKI! Words: 1395
6. Don’t Ignore the Coming Financial Storm – It IS Coming and Here’s How to Get Prepared
Many people refer to me as a “doom and gloomer” because I run a website called “The Economic Collapse”. [Just because] I am constantly pointing out that the entire world is heading for a complete and total financial nightmare, [however,] I don’t think that it does any good to stick your head in the sand. I believe that there is hope in understanding what is happening and I believe that there is hope in getting prepared. [This article does just that.] Words: 2432
7. Nothing Can Be Done to Avoid Coming World-wide Depression! Here’s Why
Governments everywhere are becoming more distressed and desperate as economic realities dominate the political doublespeak. The world is at a dangerous point. Much of what we thought we knew and assumed regarding governmental behavior and economics is beginning to be reassessed. Governments of the world are out of money and out of ideas. The ponzi scam that has been perpetrated for over fifty years is collapsing under its own weight. There are not enough suckers and capital left to sustain the fraud. [Let me explain further.] Words: 999
8. The Ultimate Fear Mongering Video – or the Ultimate in Insights, Forecasting & Sound Advice? You Be the Judge
Warning: New evidence points toward an imminent financial collapse and the destruction of American wealth. Income, investments, retirement, and even personal safety are now at severe risk. In this new video I lay it all out for you. Words: 515
9. Regardless of Who Wins in November the U.S. Is Going Over the Financial Cliff! It’s Just a Matter of Time – Here’s Why
The outcome of the election of 2012 will [only] determine the rate of speed at which we approach the [financial] cliff [because] neither political alternative is willing to change course, to steer away from the cliff. The cliff is so high that whether we go over it at 200 mph (Obama) or whether we merely slip over the edge (Romney), the end result is the same — fatal for the economy and perhaps our entire political system. It is the fall that will kill us. [This article explains why that is going to be the case.] Words: 1135
10. U.S Likely to Hit the Financial Wall by 2017! Here’s Why
The deficits aren’t going to stop anytime soon. The debt mountain will keep growing…Obviously, the debt can’t keep growing faster than the economy forever, but the people in charge do seem determined to find out just how far they can push things….The only way for the politicians to buy time will be through price inflation, to reduce the real burden of the debt, and whether they admit it or not, inflation is what they will be praying for….[and] the Federal Reserve will hear their prayer. When will the economy reach the wall toward which it is headed? Not soon, I believe, but in the meantime there will be plenty of excitement. [Let me explain what I expect to unfold.] Words: 1833
11. This Will NOT End Well – Enjoy It While It Lasts – Here’s Why
…The US Government and its catastrophic fiscal morass are now viewed by the world as a ‘safe haven’. This would easily qualify for a comedy shtick if it weren’t so serious….[but] the establishment is thrilled with these developments because it helps maintain the status quo of the dollar standard era. However, there are some serious ramifications that few are paying attention to and are getting almost zero coverage from traditional media. [Let me explain what they are.] Words: 1150
12. Events Accelerating Towards an Ultimate Dollar Catastrophe! Here’s Why
With the U.S. election just months off, political pressures will mount to favor fiscal stimulus measures instead of restraint. Such action can only accelerate higher domestic inflation and intensified dollar debasement culminating in a Great Collapse – a hyperinflationary great depression – by 2014. [Let me explain why that is the inevitable outcome.] Words: 2766
13. Major Inflation is Inescapable and the Forerunner of an Unavoidable Depression – Here’s Why
Whether our current economic crisis will end with massive inflation or in a deflationary spiral (ultimately, either one results in a Depression) is more than an academic one. It is the single most important variable for near and intermediate term investing success. It is also important in regard to taking actions which can prepare and protect you and your family. [Here is my assessment of what the future outcome will likely be and why.] Words: 1441
14. An Inflation Inferno is Expected – but When?
Daniel Thornton, an economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, argues that the Fed’s policy of providing liquidity has “enormous potential to increase the money supply,” resulting in what The Wall Street Journal’s Real Time Economics blog calls “an inflation inferno.” [Personally,] I think it’s too soon to make significant changes to a portfolio based on inflation fears. Here’s why. Words: 550
15. Major Price Inflation Is Coming – It’s Just a Matter of Time! Here’s Why
The developed economies of the world have opened the money spigots…[and this] massive money and credit creation is sitting in the banking system like dry tinder just waiting for a spark to set it ablaze. How quickly it happens is anyone’s guess, but once it does we are likely to be enveloped in a worldwide inflation unlike anything before ever witnessed. [Let me explain further.] Words: 625
16. 2012: More Money-printing Leading to Accelerating Inflation, Rising Interest Rates & Then U.S. Debt Crisis! Got Gold?
Evidence shows that the U.S. money supply trend is in the early stages of hyperbolic growth coupled with a similar move in the price of gold. All sign point to a further escalation of money-printing in 2012…followed by unexpected and accelerating price inflation, followed by a rise in nominal interest rates that will bring a sovereign debt crisis for the U. S. dollar with it as the cost of borrowing for the government escalates…[Let me show you the evidence.] Words: 660
17. Current Distortion of Interest Rates is Unsustainable & Will Have Dire Consequences
Interest rates have been manipulated to keep them extremely low in an attempt to stimulate the economy but…unless deficits are dramatically reduced…. interest rates will eventually rise and government interest expense will double or triple from the amounts being paid today. That potentially triggers a debt death spiral, where government has to borrow more than otherwise expected. It also raises the credit risk and could ratchet interest rates up again. It has happened to Greece, Portugal, Spain and other European countries already this year and could well happen in the U.S. too. Words: 595
18. Eventual Rise in Interest Rates Will Be Downfall of U.S. – Here’s Why
Everyone who purchases a Treasury bond is purchasing a depreciating asset. Moreover, the capital risk of investing in Treasuries is very high. The low interest rate means that the price paid for the bond is very high. A rise in interest rates, which must come sooner or later, will collapse the price of the bonds and inflict capital losses on bond holders, both domestic and foreign. The question is: when is sooner or later? The purpose of this article is to examine that question. Words: 2600
19. Oh My GAWD! This Infographic on US Debt Is Frightening
LOOK! Everyone needs to see this. United States owes a lot of money. As of 2012, US debt is larger than the size of the economy. The debt ceiling is currently set at $16.394 Trillion, estimated to be hit around Sep 14, 2012. In the infographic below that enormous amount is illustrated in $100 bills. It’s frightening! Words: 605
20. The U.S. Debt Spiral: When Will it End? More Importantly, HOW Will it End?
The U.S. already has more government debt per capita than the PIIGS (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain) do and it just keeps getting worse and worse thanks to both political parties. We are on the road to national financial oblivion yet most Americans don’t seem to care. They don’t realize that we have enjoyed the greatest prosperity we will ever see…and that when the debt bubble bursts there is going to be an immense amount of pain. That is a very painful truth, but it is better to come to grips with it now than be blindsided by it later. [Let me explain.] Words: 1140
21. Government Can’t Prevent the Next Financial Diaster – Here’s Why
Even as I write these words, the world’s largest economy — the E.U. — is coming unglued at the seams, the world’s second largest — the U.S. — is careening headlong toward a fiscal cliff that promises to gut its GDP, nearly all of Asia — including Japan, China and India — is slowing…and yet most investors still don’t get the message. [Let me go on to explain just what that message is.] Words: 1357
22. Martin Weiss: You Are Being Forewarned – Again – About an Imminent Financial Megashock!
[You are being forwarned – again – that Europe and the U.S. are now on a collision course with a second Lehman-type megashock….A snowball of events – bank runs spreading across Europe – are bringing us a few steps closer. What [can we expect] next? Let me explain. Words: 1795
23. Continued Money Debasement Means More Unintended Consequences, Social Disorder & Further Debasement of Society – Here’s Why
I keep wondering to myself, do our money-printing central banks and their cheerleaders understand the full consequences of the monetary debasement they continue to engineer? [Below is what I think awaits us.] Words: 1013
24. The “Great Crisis” Is Well On Its Way and Will Make 2008 Look Like a Joke!
For over two years now, I’ve been warning that the 2008 Crash was just a warm up and that the REAL Crisis would occur when the stock market realized that the Central Banks, lead by the US Federal Reserve could NOT actually hold the financial system together. Well, the Crisis I’ve been warning about is here. [Let me explain.] Words: 306
25. Current Long Wave Kondratieff Winter Snow Storm to End in an Economic Avalanche – Here’s Why
There are several variations of Long Wave theory, but the most famous is based on the work of Nicolai Kondratieff, a Russian economist who gave the various stages seasonal names, with summer and autumn denoting the peak of financial speculation and winter the aftermath of the resulting crash. The conditions for a global catastrophic failure are in place. Snow (in the form of trillions of new dollars and euros) is falling. There’s no way to know which dollar (or which external event) will start the avalanche, but without doubt something will. [Let me expand on why I hold that view.] Words: 888