With income growth over 110% for the last fiscal year, and increases in the last 12 months trailing, the 4 TSX healthcare stocks on our list are on pace for more year-over-year healthy growth.
The comments above and below are excerpts from an article by SmallCapPower.com which has been edited ([ ]) and abridged (…) to provide a fast & easy read.
1. Concordia International Corp. (TSE:CXR) – $3.06
Concordia International Corp, formerly Concordia Healthcare Corp, is a Canada-based pharmaceutical company. It, through subsidiaries, owns a portfolio of branded and generic prescription products.
Its activities are divided into four segments:
- Concordia North America, includes sales of pharmaceutical products, such as Donnatal for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome,
- Zonegran for the treatment of partial seizures in adults with epilepsy and Nilandron for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer;
- Concordia International, includes a portfolio of branded and generic products that are sold to wholesalers, hospitals and pharmacies in over 100 countries, and focuses on acquisition, licensing and development of off-patent prescription medicines;
- Orphan Drugs, includes Photofrin, which is for the treatment of certain forms of rare cancer, and Corporate cost centre, includes centralized costs incurred by the Company.
- Market Cap: $156.33(mm)
- YoY % Chg in Net Income – Actual (FY0, CAD): 233%
- PoP % Chg (1LTM) in Net Income – Actual (LTM, CAD): 92%
- Net Income – Actual (FY0, Millions, CAD): $216.44
2. Knight Therapeutics Inc. (TSE:GUD) – $10.05
Knight Therapeutics Inc is a Canada-based pharmaceutical company engaged in developing, acquiring, in-licensing, out-licensing, marketing and distributing pharmaceutical products, consumer health products and medical devices in Canada and select international markets. It finances other life sciences companies in Canada and internationally.
Its prescription pharmaceuticals and medical devices in various stages of development include Impavido, AzaSite, ATryn, Photofrin, ILUVIEN, TULSA-PRO, PROBUPHINE, Advaxis Family of Products, Ember Family of Products, NeurAxon Family of Products, Antibe Family of Products, Blood Factor Products and VEWS Vascular Early Warning System.
- Market Cap: $1,332.26(mm)
- YoY % Chg in Net Income – Actual (FY0, CAD): 679%
- PoP % Chg (1LTM) in Net Income – Actual (LTM, CAD): 18%
- Net Income – Actual (FY0, Millions, CAD): $34.17
3. CRH Medical Corp. (TSE:CRH) – $7.24
Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
CRH Medical Corporation, formerly Medsurge Medical Products Corp., is a healthcare products and services company that operates through segments, including the sale of medical products and the provision of anesthesia services.
The Company specializes in the treatment of hemorrhoids utilizing its treatment protocol and technology. The Company also provides anesthesiology services to gastroenterologists in the southeastern United States through its subsidiaries.
- Market Cap: $523.08(mm)
- YoY % Chg in Net Income – Actual (FY0, CAD): 123%
- PoP % Chg (1LTM) in Net Income – Actual (LTM, CAD): 126%
- Net Income – Actual (FY0, Millions, CAD): $4.16
4. Theratechnologies Inc. (TSE:TH) – $2.87
Theratechnologies Inc. is a Canada-based specialty pharmaceutical company that addresses medical needs in metabolic disorders to promote healthy ageing among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) patients.
The Company’s product, EGRIFTA (tesamorelin for injection), is used for the reduction of excess abdominal fat in HIV-infected patients with lipodystrophy.
- Market Cap: $204.68(mm)
- YoY % Chg in Net Income – Actual (FY0, CAD): 115%
- PoP % Chg (1LTM) in Net Income – Actual (LTM, CAD): 127%
- Net Income – Actual (FY0, Millions, CAD): $1.57
Agree/disagree with the above article? Have your say in the Comment section at the bottom of the page. We want to hear from you!
Disclosure: The above article has been edited ([ ]) and abridged (…) by the editorial team at munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) to provide a fast and easy read.
If you want more articles like the one above: LIKE us on Facebook; “Follow the munKNEE” on Twitter or register to receive our FREE tri-weekly newsletter (see sample here , sign up in top right hand corner)