The munKNEE.com Pure-Play Pot Stock Index went UP 25.1% this past week with all but one of the 25 constituents advancing. Amazingly, Aurora went UP 141.7%, Tilray +66.3%, Cronos +42.0% and Charlotte’s Web +41.5%. The winners and losers are as follows:
A one-of-a-kind analysis of the performance of the largest stocks in the cannabis sector by Lorimer Wilson, Managing Editor of munKNEE.com – Your KEY To Making Money!
The Index has companies doing business in a number of different categories and sub-categories based on their primary area of focus in the cannabis industry. These categories are identified below along with those stocks within each category that changed price by 10% or more:
- The Vertically Integrated (i.e. Seed-to-Sale) Category was up 25.5% and consists of 22 index constituents that grow, process, and sell cannabis and hemp flower and related products.
- The Canadian Licensed Producer (LPs) Category went up 42.1%. 6 of the 7 index constituents within the category changed prices by 10% or more, namely:
- the U.S. Multi-State Operator (MSOs) Category went up 17.3%. 11 of the 13 index constituents changed price by 10% or more, namely:
- The hemp seed-to-sale MSO sub-category went up 39.0% with each of the 2 index constituents in the category changing price by 10% or more, as follows: Charlotte’s Web (CWBHF) +41.5%; cbdMD (YCBD) +35.6%.
- The Extraction Category went up 7.0%, This category focuses on the extraction of cannabis compounds and their infusion into consumer products and one of the 2 index constituents within the category changed price by 10% or more, namely, Valens (VLNCF) +11.5%.
- The Consumption Devices Category went up 28.0%. This category has only one index constituent (Greenlane (GNLN) focused on developing and selling personal consumption devices for cannabis consumers, such as vape pens and inhalers.
*Please note: The 25 pure-play stocks in the munKNEE.com Pure-Play Pot Stock Index are just that, pure, deriving 100% of their revenue from the sale of recreational and medicinal cannabis and consumption-related products and, as such, the Index reflects the true health of the marijuana industry in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, the Index only includes those pure-play cannabis stocks that consistently trade for more than US$1/share.
About Lorimer Wilson
Lorimer Wilson is an economic & financial commentator who has written numerous articles on economics, finance, precious metals, and the cannabis stock sector. He is the Managing Editor of munKNEE.com, a site that provides a selection of the internet’s best finance articles in an edited, reformatted and abridged format to ensure a fast and easy read.