Image by Sean Hayes from Pixabay
By Lorimer Wilson
There are only 5 stocks in the munKNEE Pure-Play Plant-Based Food Stocks Index and they are those in the sector that have market caps in excess of $50M. The Index was dragged down another 13.4% this past week (-15.2% the previous week), primarily by a further 15.0% drop in the price of Beyond Meat stock (-20.5% the previous week).
Below are the performances of the constituents in the index this week, in descending order, and their performances since the end of June and YTD:
- Tattooed Chef (TTCF): UP 5.2% this past week; now UP 13.2% since the end of June but still DOWN 54.1% YTD.
- offers a broad portfolio of plant-based food products that are available in the frozen food sections of national retail food stores across the United States.
- Else Nutrition (BABYF): DOWN 3.1% this past week; DOWN 36.7% since the end of June; DOWN 30.3% YTD.
- an Israel-based food and nutrition company focused on developing innovative, clean, and plant-based food and nutrition products for infants, toddlers, children, and adults.
- Oatly Group (OTLY): DOWN 4.1% this past week; DOWN 6.1% since the end of June; DOWN 59.2% YTD.
- the world’s largest oat drink company catering primarily to customers in Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Finland, and North America.
- Beyond Meat (BYND): DOWN 15.0% this past week; UP 3.6% since the end of June; DOWN 62.0% YTD.
- seeks to replicate the look, cook, and taste of meat. Its products are sold in the meat case of retail food stores across the U.S. and Canada and 83 other countries.
- Guru Organic Energy (CSE: GURU; GUROF): DOWN 30.2% this past week; DOWN 30.2% since the end of June and DOWN 60.4% YTD.
- a Montreal, Canada beverage company launched in 1999, when it pioneered the world’s first natural, plant-based energy drink.
In total, the munKNEE Pure-Play Plant-Based Food Stocks Index went DOWN 13.4% this past week, has gone DOWN 2.4% since the end of June and is now DOWN 60.2% YTD.