Most commentators don’t take into account the different marijuana sector categories which conveys a distorted picture of the health of the sector. The launch of the munKNEE Ancillary Pot Stocks Index corrects the situation by tracking the performance of 16 companies that provide goods and services to cannabis operators separately and acting as a complement to its Pure-Play American MSO Pot Stocks Index and Pure-Play Canadian LP Pot Stocks Index.
An original article by Lorimer Wilson, Managing Editor of munKNEE.com, Your Key To Making Money!
The Index is divided into the 6 constituents that trade in excess of $40/share (with an average market capitalization of $4B) and the remaining 10 constituents that are currently trading at an average price/share of $6.68 and with an average market capitalization of $189M. A description of each of the constituents and their stock performances last week are as follows, in ascending order of performance:
- GrowGeneration Corp. (GRWG): -12.8% to $47.10/share
- a retailer of organic nutrients and soils, advanced lighting technology, and state-of-the-art hydroponic equipment to commercial and home growers in 53 retail stores in the U.S..
- Power REIT MD (PW): -9.8% to $44.99/share
- a specialized real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns sustainable real estate related to infrastructure assets that is expanding its real estate portfolio related to Controlled Environment Agriculture for the cultivation of food and cannabis.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): -4.3% to $238.23/share
- a marketer of consumer lawn and gardening products and, through its subsidiary Hawthorne Gardening, is a leader in hydroponic and indoor growing products for the cannabis industry.
- Turning Point Brands Inc. (TPB): -3.0% to $49.81/share
- a manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of alternative smoking accessories and consumables with active ingredients through more than 210,000 retail outlets in North America.
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. (IIPR): -2.1% to $184.94/share
- a real estate investment trust engaged in the acquisition, ownership and management of specialized industrial properties leased to state-licensed operators for their regulated medical-use cannabis facilities.
- Hydrofarm Holdings Group Inc. (HYFM): -1.0% to $60.09/share
- a manufacturer and wholesaler of hydroponics equipment and commercial horticultural products in the lighting, climate control, nutrients, and growing media categories.
On average, Category 1 declined 4.4%, last week.
- Forian Inc. (FORA): +5.5% to $12.05/share
- provides a suite of SaaS solutions, data management capabilities, and proprietary data and analytics to optimize and measure operational, clinical, and financial performance for customers within the traditional and emerging life sciences, healthcare payer and provider segments, as well as cannabis dispensaries, manufacturers, cultivators, and regulators.
- TILT Holdings Inc. (TLLTF): +1.9% to $0.54/share
- services brands and cannabis retailers across 35 American states, as well as Canada, Israel, Mexico, South America, and the European Union, through a portfolio of companies providing technology, hardware, cultivation, and production.
- urban-gro Inc. (UGRO): -0.9% to $8.39/share
- a global horticulture company that engineers and designs commercial Controlled Environment Agriculture facilities and integrates complex environmental equipment systems.
- AFC Gamma Inc. (AFCG): -5.4% to $21.19/share
- a real estate finance company operating as a mortgage real estate investment trust (mREIT) to provide loans to marijuana operators.
- Agrify Corporation (AGFY); -5.4% to $11.95/share
- a developer of precision hardware and software grow solutions for the indoor agriculture marketplace.
- Akerna Corp. (KERN): -7.9% to $4.33/share
- a technology company that provide clients and government entities with a central data management system for tracking regulated cannabis products from seed-to-product-to-shelf-to-customer through the supply chain.
- KushCo Holdings Inc. (KSHB): -8.5% to $1.18/share
- to merge with Greenlane and become a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Cannabix Technologies Inc. (BLOZF): -11.1% to $1.04/share
- a leader in marijuana breathalyzer development for law enforcement and the workplace.
- Enwave Corp. (NWVCF): -12.3% to $1.14/share
- a technology company that has developed an innovative, proprietary method for the precise dehydration of organic materials.
- Greenlane Holdings Inc. (GNLN): -16.9% to $5.02/share
- a cannabis accessories e-commerce company which has announced a merger with the cannabis packaging company, KushCo.
On average, Category 2 advanced 1.8% last week.
The sum total performance of the munKNEE Ancillary Pot Stocks Index last week, on average, was -3.9% compared to -9.5% for the munKNEE Pure-Play Canadian LP Pot Stock Sub-Index and -4.5% for the munKNEE Pure-Play American MSO Pot Stock Sub-Index.